The semester is nearly upon us! A hearty welcome to our new members, and to our returning members, it’s great to see you again! Given the current situation, we’ll be operating slightly differently than in years past. This post will give you a quick rundown (bike-down?) of what these next few months will look like.
- First, make sure you join our Facebook Members and Alumni Group! Also, if you’re a current or incoming member, join our Slack workspace. The link is pinned in the Facebook group.This is where we’ll be posting day-to-day club updates. It’s also a great place to get to know fellow members!
- Fill out a RecSports member packet! This is, and we cannot stress this enough, extremely important.
INFO SESSION + GENERAL MEETING
To our new members, we’ll be having an info session on Tuesday, September 8th at 7 pm! This will take place on Zoom, and we’ll have a link out to you soon via Slack and Facebook!
Can’t make that? No worries! Our first general meeting (ahem, returning members) will be on Tuesday, September 15th at 6 pm. You can attend either in-person at the Wright-Whitaker Fields Gateway Lounge, or virtually on Zoom. More information on that to come.
TEAM KITS ARE AVAILABLE AGAIN!
Look at that awesome jersey! Want one (or some bibs, a vest, or skinsuit)? Follow the instructions below:
- Visit https://shop.vergesport.com/us-en/my-account and create an account.
- Message an officer to get our team store password.
- Place your order.
- Wait patiently for 3-4 weeks while Verge fulfills your order.
The store will be open through mid-September, but we encourage you to order early!
SHOAL CREEK SHOOTOUT
The Shoal Creek Shootout is back! The ride will resume on Friday, September 18th. We’ll meet in front of Gregory Gym at 5:20 pm, with a roll-out at 5:30 pm. Bring:
- Working bike
- Mask (for stopping points)
- An awesome attitude!
Something a little different this year: we’ve been instructed to cap groups at 10, so if we have more attendees, then we’ll split into multiple waves.