We are now accepting contributions for the Alumni Rider Sponsorship program! Created to ease the financial burden of participation in Texas Cycling, the Alumni Rider Sponsorship program is seeking $750 to cover the cost of dues and a kit for two team members.
Introducing the Rider Sponsorship Program: An alumni-sponsored effort to enable more students to ride and race.
In the summer of 2017, a number of Texas Cycling alums went for a spin under the hot Texas sun. Reminiscing on their college days spent eating ramen and religiously patching tubes for the seventh time in order to afford their cycling addiction, they realized that life could be made easier for future students wishing to join the club…
About the Program
The Alumni Rider Sponsorship program was created by to ease the financial burden of participation in the Texas Cycling club. This effort will develop new riders and racers through the club and provide tangible impacts as a result of contributions from donors and sponsors of the team.
The program aims to provide sponsorship for two riders for the 2017-18 school year (one each in the men’s and women’s categories). Sponsored riders will be provided with:
- full coverage of their club dues
- the cost of one set of club kit
- race dues for one race season of their chosen discipline (road, cyclocross, or mountain bike)
In order to provide these services, we are seeking donations totaling $1000 to cover these costs. Excess funds raised will first be put towards covering the cost of attending Texas Cycling’s spring training camp and then towards rider sponsorships for the 2018-19 school year.
You can find the rider information packet and application here.
For more information, contact David Comer here.
- Fill out the form below to register your donation with the club[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
- Click the link below to make your donation
- Be sure to include “Texas Cycling – Alumni Rider Sponsorship” in the bottom right field
- The top-left fields should auto-populate to “Student Affairs, Office of Vice President” and “RecSports-Sport Clubs (please specify)”