An effort to enable more students to ride and race
In the summer of 2017 a few Texas Cycling alumni went for a spin under the hot Texas sun. Reminiscing on their college days spent eating ramen and religiously patching tubes for the seventh time in order to afford their cycling addiction, they realized that life could be made easier for future students.
About the Program
The Alumni Rider Sponsorship Program eases the financial burden of participation in the Texas Cycling club. This effort develops riders and racers and provides tangible impacts as a result of contributions from donors and sponsors of the team.
The program aims to provide sponsorship for two riders for the 2018-19 school year (one each in the men’s and women’s categories). Sponsored riders will be provided with:
- Full coverage of their club dues ($40)
- The cost of one set of club kit (1 jersey, 1 bib, 3 pair socks, $230)
- Race dues for one race season of their chosen discipline ($195)
- Coverage of their USAC licence fees ($45)
- Coverage of the cost of Texas Cycling’s winter training camp ($50)
- Where funding allows: stipends for race weekends, coaching consultations ($150+)
We are seeking donations totaling $1500 for the 2018-19 season to provide these benefits.
Who do we help?
Ideal candidates to the program are those whose financial situation would normally put them in a position where they are unable to participate in the club OR would have to take on a substantial burden to participate.
What do we ask of sponsored riders?
Sponsored riders are expected to give back to the club by being active members and by:
- Participating in club events (meetings, volunteer events and rides).
- Calling out their rides so others can join them
- Assisting in ride leadership for Texas Cycling team rides.
- Promoting sponsors of the club where appropriate.
- Riders seeking compensation for race season dues will also:
- Participate in approximately 80% of races, include the conference championship race
How to donate
- Fill out this form to register your donation with the club. This helps us track your donation, as there may be as much as a 6-week delay before we are notified of your donation through the University. This step does not complete your donation.
- Click the link below to make your donation
- Be sure to include “Texas Cycling – Alumni Rider Sponsorship Program” in the bottom right field (see image below)
- The top-left fields should auto-populate to “Student Affairs, Office of Vice President” and “RecSports-Sport Clubs (please specify)”